The production environment is continually and systematically controlled for temperature and humidity. This ensures the best possible conditions for the consistent production of our various paper products.
Our highly skilled production team are specialists in their field. They are grouped on the machines and product lines according to their expertise or specialism. They work in autonomous production teams and offer complete flexibility within their work stations.
We attach great importance to continual training and development of our employees. Ensuring they master the latest manufacturing processes and methods. Training and adapting to the most state of the art machinery is a continual cycle for employees based in Republic Technologies France. We develop our employees and encourage internal promotion through tailored development plans.
Our production set-up is highly reactive and flexible in responding to a variety of commercial needs. We have a flat management structure with very few levels which ensures direct and responsive communication.
Our production team ensures that manufacturing procedures and practices are up-to-date through a continuous improvement program that uses the basics of the 6-sigma approach, and applies improvement methodologies such as Kaizen works, Kanban just in time approaches, wherever and whenever applicable.
We employ the most recent highest standard of IT software and processes. This framework ensures the optimum support for production planning as data is shared quickly and efficiently throughout the organisation.These systems include :
– ERP : Enterprise Resource Planning – this system is used to manage and coordinate all the resources, information, and functions of our business. Its purpose is to facilitate the flow of information between all business functions inside the boundaries of our organisation embracing finance/accounting, manufacturing, sales and service, etc…and manage the connections to the other Republic Group companies.
– MRP : Material Requirements Planning – is a production planning and inventory control system used to manage the manufacturing processes. Our MRP system is software-based. It is intended to simultaneously meet three objectives :
– Ensure materials are available for production and products are available for delivery to customers.
– Maintain the lowest possible level of inventory.
– Plan manufacturing activities, delivery schedules and purchasing activities.
– MSP : Managed Services Provider – is the practice of transferring day-to-day related management responsibility as a strategic method for improved effective and efficient operations inclusive of production support and lifecycle build/maintenance activities.
– CAM : Our machine maintenance is managed by specific software and in-house dedicated team of technicians. This ensures the highest level of preventative maintenance of our production equipment. We concepts and tools of TPM (Total Productive maintenance) are the basis of our maintenance management system, and dedicated methdologies such as SMED are constantly used. This ensures that the highest level of production is maintained.
Our warehouses and logistic platform use the most recent storage methods and practices :
– FIFO Stock Management : First In, First Out – what comes in first is handled first, what comes in next waits until the first is finished. Moreover, every material and finished goods has its own location which is handled automatically via our extensive warehousing software. Everything is tracked and traceable by a bar-code that identifies the location of each product as well as its main characteristics.
– The forklift trucks are driven electronically in the warehouse to the material location. The automation of this process ensures the operator avoids error when picking items for despatch from the warehouse.
A new logistic platform is open in 2011 to offer our customers an accurate service. It is dedicated to storing finished products and preparing shipments that allow us more responsiveness and flexibility.